Senator Leads Committee Hearing From Amtrak Train

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Senator Tom Carper from Delaware chaired a committee hearing from his seat on an Amtrak train. He was delayed in Delaware and was not able to get to Washington, DC in time for the start of the hearing.

The bad news... He didn't wear a mask.

Video here:

Senator Tom Carper from Delaware chaired a committee hearing from his seat on an Amtrak train. He was delayed in Delaware and was not able to get to Washington, DC in time for the start of the hearing.

The bad news... He didn't wear a mask.

Video here:

This was an awesome story until I saw he broke federal law! What a surprise for a Senator. Biden should be furious and say so.

Presidential travel by rail is a fascinating if mostly forgotten subject.

There are plenty of cars around that have carried a political candidate who later became President. I could type up a short list if anyone was interested.
I'd like a list (and photos?) of the various passenger rail cars that carried future presidents. Looks like Clinton was the last sitting president, Obama was the last President-elect, and Biden was the last Presidential candidate to ride the rails.

Last edited:
Presidential travel by rail is a fascinating if mostly forgotten subject.

I'd like a list (and photos?) of the various passenger rail cars that carried future presidents. Looks like Clinton was the last sitting president, Obama was the last President-elect, and Biden was the last Presidential candidate to ride the rails.

I started the list of cars that carried all candidates from 1970 to now. I didn't count cars I couldn't positively identify as survivors however. I'll have to work on that sometime.

Back