September 11:In Memorium

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

battalion51

Engineer
Two years ago today terror reared its ugly face on America with the attacks on the World Trade Center and on the Pentagon. Over 3,000 died, transportation was crippled, no one could fly anywhere, it was nearly impossible to get anywhere in New York, highways were flooded with cars, and were no rental cars for those who were stuck away from home. Amtrak served two roles in the days following 9/11, both as a mode of transportation, and as a vitality source for America. Amtrak moved thousands of people across America getting them home to the ones they loved in a time of need for everyone. Amtrak also kept the country going by moving millions of pieces of mail across the country that would ordinarily take to the skies. For all this I would like to extend my thanks to everyone at Amtrak, from management, to Conductors, to Engineers, to the guys who clean our trains and maintain them. September 11th is a day for us to reflect on what we lost that day, and for us to appreciate what we have today. I hope that everyone does not take a single second they are living for granted, and will remember all the heroes of September 11th, from the heroes of United flight 93, to the Fire and Police Departments of New York and Washington, and to Amtrak for keeping us going. MAy this date make us stronger as a country, and may God Bless America.

Amtrak%20P-42%20Locomotive%201.JPG

Yes Amtrak did come to the rescue September 11th, but too bad Congress didnt awaken and see that Amtrak comes in handy in events like 9/11. Man alot of people would be stranded if Amtrak wasnt around. . .

Still one of my favorite Amtrak ads of all time reminds me of September 11th, there was one advertising service to New York and it had Amtrak trains passing each other going up and down the "Rails" of the World Trade Center's Twin towers, If I find a picture of it online Ill post it up here, really neat one. . . too bad those towers and all those people are gone :(

The saddest part of all that the World Trade Center was built in an effort for world peace and it was the terrorists #1 target!

Battallion, that was brilliant and beautiful tribute....I was needing something just like that. I did not lose anybody that I know of, but it still is sad for me. I did go to a memorial service last night.

I lit a candle the night of September 11th, to remember the fallin.

It inspired me to write a poem:

We will always remember you

What ever it is we do

We can all promise you

Our love for you will be eternily true.

You will always be in our hearts

Nothing could ever tear us apart

~RIP all of those who were lost that day, you will always be remembered~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back