Service Disruption in Richmond, VA Tonight (3/8/16)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lo2e

Lead Service Attendant
As I type this, both 66(8) and 95(8) are stuck between RVR and RVM and both are showing as Service Disruptions. According to Track a Train, 95 is just South of the CSX yard on the northern end of Richmond, and I believe 66 is sitting at RVM and not moving when it should have left RVM 2+ hours ago. Anyone know what's happening there?

8:32pmET update: 95 is now moving backwards toward RVR, I assume it is going to unload there.

Last edited by a moderator:
The consist of Amtrak Auto Train 53 left Lorton on time (actually early) for the first time since Feb. 25 (Disclaimer: The opposite consist --- today's train 53 --- has not had these problems). A short distance south of RVR, no. 53 struck a Ford Fusion and incurred about 1 hour and 45 minutes' delay. No fatalities. I have no other information about injuries or damage, except that a friend told me the Fusion "failed crash test". Draw your own conclusions about that.

I assume these delays have something to do with that.

Tom

More info - saw something on Twitter about a derailment somewhere in Richmond. Not sure if it's CSX, Amtrak, or what...

I am on 97, and we just left RVR and are heading south.

There was a CSX train in emergency blocking the route to the Peninsula Subdivision, which impacted 95 and 66.

Amazingly, 66(8) looks like it will arrive into BOS around an hour +/- late, not bad all things considered.

95(8) wasn't so lucky, looks like it got to NPN over 4 hours late after backtracking to RVR then continuing on once the tracks were clear. There are some on Twitter that are wondering why they had to sit still for 3+ hours before doing the backtrack, and frankly I'm not sure I blame them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back