Short report on a short trip

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cma

Train Attendant
Traveled from Chicago to Omaha on the CZ last Sunday. It was my first trip in the transdorm roomette. I found the roomette to be the nicest one I have ever had. It was much less shopworn than any other room. I enjoyed all the horn blowing at the many crossings. The PA announcements were as hit or miss as in any other car on the train.

Cammie was a very attentive attendant came by often to see if I needed anything. Provided water shortly after trip began. Converted the bed for me so I was able to stretch out most of the way home. We left Chicago on time at the noon departure that was announced on Saturday. We were only about 15 min late into Omaha.

Spent much of the trip visiting with a young man from China who was going all the way to California.

Had a great treat at the station when I rcognized A U poster DeeCee. She and her husband were stopping in Omaha for one day on their return trip. We had a short but happy visit and I gave them ride to their hotel.

Excellent report, thanks for sharing!

Lots of us have had similar trips in the Transdorm and actually prefer them over a Revenue Sleeper! ( of course your attendant can make a big difference )

Back