Sights along Silver Star route (BAL-MCO)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Traingeek

Train Attendant
I am taking the Silver Star from BAL-ORL in a sleeper. What are some of the sights along that route? I haven't taken it, since I was 12 years old and I have a feeling that alot of the way has changed. I am really looking forward to the trip to the south that isn't a flight. Thanks for the thoughts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you mean BAL to ORL? MCO is the airport abbreviation for Orlando International Airport (f/k/a McCoy). I do not know of a train stop with those initials on the Silver Star.

I travel the Silver Meteor quite often and I enjoy the route even though some of it might be considered boring. In South Carolina and Georgia, there are low lands. In Florida, you cross and pass the St. Johns River a couple of times and it is very scenic.

One of my favorite parts of the trip is going through Ashland, Virginia, which, IICRC is during daytime hours on the Star and darkness when on the Meteor.

If you are on the left hand side of the train, when you are approaching Orlando, you can look out a window at a couple of different spots and see my condo building. It is a big white building. You can wave if you want. :giggle:

Do you mean BAL to ORL? MCO is the airport abbreviation for Orlando International Airport (f/k/a McCoy). I do not know of a train stop with those initials on the Silver Star.

I travel the Silver Meteor quite often and I enjoy the route even though some of it might be considered boring. In South Carolina and Georgia, there are low lands. In Florida, you cross and pass the St. Johns River a couple of times and it is very scenic.

One of my favorite parts of the trip is going through Ashland, Virginia, which, IICRC is during daytime hours on the Star and darkness when on the Meteor.
I meant ORL. I think it is because I am traveling by train one way and flying the way back. Thank you for the thoughts and the correction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back