Sightseer lounge on Capitol?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeRids

Service Attendant
This may be posted somewhere else but what is the schedule for the sightseer on the Capitol? The timetable states it is available seasonally...

I'm thinking of taking a February trip that may hinge on this.

Also, I am correct in that the Boston sleepers have been restored to the Lake Short, right?

448/449 is scheduled to have sleepers.
Of the three 449s I have seen in the past two weeks, only one has actually had a sleeper.

So are there any times there is NOT a Sightseer Lounge? I would think January-March is the slowest of slow travel seasons...

The lounge was dropped in Jan-Feb 2015. Recall:

Capitol Limited Trains 29 and 30: Temporary Equipment Change

Effective January 12 through February 28, 2015

Beginning January 12, 2015 through February 28, 2015, the Dining car and Sightseer Lounge car will be removed from the Capitol Limited for maintenance and replaced with a Diner/Lounge car. Meals normally provided in the Dining car will be provided on one side of the Diner/Lounge car and the opposite side will serve as the Lounge car.

We appreciate your patronage and apologize for any inconvenience. Reservation and train status information is available on Amtrak.com, our free mobile apps and at 1-800-USA-RAIL (1-800-872-7245).

Thank you for traveling with Amtrak.

PSN 1214-44

No such announcement this year, yet...

In February of 2016 the CL had a SSL, but no second engine, baggage car. or transdorm,

What Paul said is pretty much all you'll need to know. I was on the cap last February. No bag no SSL. Any cafe food was bought in the diner lounge.
Are you sure there wasn't an unstaffed SSL, forcing cafe patrons to use the back side of the D/L?

In general, the cap had an unstaffed SSL during the 2016 winter. I think they usually cut it down to one diesel as well.

I thought the Capitol Limited always had an unstaffed SSL year-round, with the other side of the CCC selling cafe items?

What Paul said is pretty much all you'll need to know. I was on the cap last February. No bag no SSL. Any cafe food was bought in the diner lounge.
Are you sure there wasn't an unstaffed SSL, forcing cafe patrons to use the back side of the D/L?
Sorry. You're correct. I meant that. Just wasn't thinking. Simply cause I remember sitting in the SSL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back