Sightseer Lounge

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ilovetrains

Train Attendant
I will be traveling from CHI to EMY on the Zephyr in late August :D . I have read where the sightseer

lounge is the warmest part of the train. I was wondering how hot the lounge is. I know this will be in the

hottest part of summer and I am just curious if the sightseer will be uncomfortable to sit in.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks.

Ilovetrains.

Sorry! I posted this in the wrong forum. I will post it again in the Rail Discussion Forum.

I will be traveling from CHI to EMY on the Zephyr in late August :D . I have read where the sightseerlounge is the warmest part of the train. I was wondering how hot the lounge is. I know this will be in the

hottest part of summer and I am just curious if the sightseer will be uncomfortable to sit in.

Thanks.

Ilovetrains.
As you are probably aware the majority of the roof and sides of the Superliner lounge are tinted glass. A lot depends on how hot it is outside, how effective the A/C system is and how many people are in the car. I've walked through at 3 a.m. and wish I had an L.L. Bean overcoat on. I've come back to the same car at 3 p.m. and thought I was in a sauna. So, I guess it can be hot but chances are~ if everything is in working order~ you will have a pleasant visit in the Sightseer Lounge.

It's not that hot enough which requires a piece of cloth to wipe your sweat off your face. It's just warm, not hot. It's largely depending on how hot is the outside temperature AND amount of sunray beating on the car.

I will be traveling from CHI to EMY on the Zephyr in late August :D . I have read where the sightseer

lounge is the warmest part of the train. I was wondering how hot the lounge is. I know this will be in the

Thanks.

Ilovetrains.
As you are probably aware the majority of the roof and sides of the Superliner lounge are tinted glass. A lot depends on how hot it is outside, how effective the A/C system is and how many people are in the car. I've walked through at 3 a.m. and wish I had an L.L. Bean overcoat on. I've come back to the same car at 3 p.m. and thought I was in a sauna. So, I guess it can be hot but chances are~ if everything is in working order~ you will have a pleasant visit in the Sightseer Lounge.
I was in mid june on the CZ and the temp in the sightseer was pleasant. during the stops we discovered that it was quite hot outside

Thanks.

Ilovetrains.
I was in mid june on the CZ and the temp in the sightseer was pleasant. during the stops we discovered that it was quite hot outside

I took a trip on the CZ in July three years ago, and on a day where the temperature at Grand Junction was 100F+, I found the temperature in the lounge quite comfortable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back