Silver Meteor delayed, clipped wreck in Palm beach Gardens

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sitting on the Silver Meteor, stopped northbound in Palm Beach Gardens because apparently we clipped a car that rolled off the interstate last night and the police found a body inside. :(

I was initially angry about the delay, but then I realized someone lost his life, so a couple hours of delay is nothing compared to that.

Last I heard we would get moving again in 10-15 minutes; if any of you are waiting for the train in stations north of West Palm, this is why you're still waiting.

...and we JUST started moving! Looks like my first train ride ever has some adventure already!

Enjoy your first train trip. Hopefully it won't have any more problems.

Why did you choose the train? Was your blimp out of service, or something?

All the southbound Silvers are delayed also - my guess is due to weather. Rain is covering Central Florida and north Florida.

Enjoy your trip!!!

Har har har :)

But the real reason is, I just wanted to do something different. I've always flown everywhere; wanted to see what was in between point A and B.

And I had extra time, so why not?

Har har har :)

But the real reason is, I just wanted to do something different. I've always flown everywhere; wanted to see what was in between point A and B.

And I had extra time, so why not?
You will see a lot between point A and B - including a lot of rain. I think being on a train is one of the best places to be when it is raining out. :) Sit back and enjoy the ride. When you pass a few blocks north of downtown Orlando, look out the right side of the train and wave to the tall white building about a half mile to the east. I will wave back. :lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back