Silver Meteor--Phila. Dinner

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe

Train Attendant
AU Supporting Member
There is a good chance that I may be taking Amtrak to Orlando later this year. Tentative plans have me taking the Three Rivers to Philadelphia, then boarding the Silver Meteor to Orlando. My question to the group is this.

My approx. boarding in Philadelphia is 8:30 P.M. Will I still be able to eat dinner on the Silver Meteor? Or is this too late? Should I try and eat my dinner before boarding the train at Philadelphia?

Joe

You probably can eat dinner on the train, but I would definately ask amtrak first. Besides, even if you nrmally coul eat dinner on the train, there may not be any diner ready.

No, I can speak from experience its not too late. They don't start serving dinner till before Trenton (one stop before, usually I finish dinner by the time we stop in Philly). I don't think you'll have any trouble getting seated. In a sleeper your meals are included, in coach you'd have to pay for them.

Enjoy your trip, and feel free to ask any other questions about the Silver Meteor, as I ride this train frequently.

I think I've got you beat on the frequency of riding Viewliner. :lol: Philadelphia is the last stop that you can get on at on the Meteor and still get dinner, anything south of Washington either has to eat from the lounge or is S.O.L. But for most people getting on in cities south of Philly eat before they get on board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back