Silver Service is falling apart!!!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
battalion51 said:
Well kudos to Hialeah for getting 98 out on time yesterday, and 92 close to on time. But, here's my biggest issue, 91 got in at 1035 pm, 97 at 100 am last night. I know 97 had a grand total of 4 defects, one in the sleepers, one in the lounge, and two in the coaches, there needs to be a lot of work down there on turning over trains in a timely manner. Many facilities are able to turn over a train in six hours at worst, some in 5 if they're having a good day. Meanwhile in Hialeah it's going to take them about 12 hours to turn over a train, as 92's T&E is doing their orders right now. Something's not right down there and it needs to be fixed. If Hialeah can't turn over trains, maybe all of their maintenance should be liquidated and they should just be a layover facility similar to St. Albans.
I agree there has to be a focus on getting the train out ontime. I think all the pm needs to be moved to a different location until Hialeah can be restaffed with more employees and better equipment.

engine999 said:
I agree there has to be a focus on getting the train out ontime. I think all the pm needs to be moved to a different location until Hialeah can be restaffed with more employees and better equipment.
Where would you move the facility to? Can any of the other maintnence facilities handle the increased capacity?

I would guess sanford could deal with it at night but they would need more employees.

Must be having another crisis day in HIA - None of the northbounds left on time. 98, the first one out of the station, left 37 minutes late, 92 left 2 and a half hours late (and is currently more than 4 hours late), and 90 left over 4 hours late.

I would guess sanford could deal with it at night but they would need more employees :D :D :D THAT's what Tommy wants!!!!!! . But why not hired more people in Hialeah. That's what they need. ;)

Joe

I have to add my Keep up the good work!!! I was in Miami for a year and rode the cars you talk about. I probally know you or seen you. It makes me feel better knowing you and people like you are down there for people like us...... THANKS

Florida Trains are Fun

:D :D :D B)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back