Silver Service Normal Consist?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chefrhodes81

Train Attendant
Hello all,

What is the normal consist for the Silver Service trains, the Meteor and Star? You alls help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

John

Hello all,
What is the normal consist for the Silver Service trains, the Meteor and Star? You alls help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

John
I believe that both trains would have this consist:

2 P42s

Heritage Baggage Car

2-3 Viewliners in the winter but only 2 in summer

Heritage Dining Car

Amflt II Lounge

4-5 Amfleet II Coaches (It is relatively rare to have 5 coaches but can happen during busy travel periods)

98 has 2 loco's, baggage, 3 V/L's, diner, lounge and 4 AMF II's.

92 has 2 loco's, 2 V/L's, diner, lounge and 4 AMF II's.

Coaches are usually added for the holidays.

MJ B)

They generally are running 2 engines at CSX's request. However, if a situation arises where an engine isn't available upon leaving WAS or MIA they'll just run it with one. It's also possible that they had to cut one of their engines and leave it for another train. A number of crews have said they've had to do this on several occassions for trains like the Palmetto and Carolinian.

I still remember the small CSX road engine pulling 98 one day, as it came to US27 at Haines City in FL, already hours late. I heard the CSX engine on the scanner calling as P098, recognized the location, and stopped there for about 5 minutes to see it pass by. I can understand why they want two engines.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back