Silver Service running backwards?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

battalion51

Engineer
I was borwsing through Railpictures.net tonight and noticed something unusual, namely this picture. It looks like its the engine, bag car, then Amfleets. Anyone know if they're running backwards due to only running to ORL (and then back to SFA) or if this was just a DH move?

I had noticed that a number of Silver consists seemed to be running "backwards" through Orlando for some months, prior to this year's hurricanes, and had wondered myself. The picture was from Virginia, though, which suggests it was simply put together in a different order, not with folks looking backwards, or whatever.

The caption on that photo states "Headed south to Richmond station, train 92 passes this stopped freight."

Train 92 is a northbound train, so there's something incorrect about the caption. Analyzing the photo, one notes that the shadows are directly beneath the train, implying that the photo was taken around noon. Amtrak.com shows that train 92 (assuming he got "south" and "north" mixed up) arrived at 9:11 am. Train 91, the southbound version, isn't due until 5 pm, when it would be dark out.

However, train 89, the Palmetto, is due around noon, and Amtrak.com shows 89(2) as having arrived at 12:12 pm. Therefore, I'd say the photo is labeled wrong.

Back