silver star/meteor 110v outlets?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Does anyone know if all of the coach seats have 110 outlets? I want to take a protable DVD player. thanks

What, the coach seats? No. Now, if you meant the booths in the lounge car . . I seem to recall some of them had outlets. However, nothing like the CA cars or the Acelas. The sleeping cars, OTOH, had one outlet per room, located close to the HVAC and light switches.

Now this is why I asked this question. This is on the Amtrak website.

You may bring and use onboard personal electronic devices such as PCs, DVD players, and CD players. Many Amtrak trains have standard 110-volt electrical power supply available at your seat to supply power to these devices.

Does anyone have firsthand knowledge of reserved coach on the Silver Star/Meteor? Does this apply to these trains, or was I assuming too much based on Amtraks assertion?

It does apply to Silver Service, but there is no guarantee that each seat will have a power outlet. There are some cars which are outfitted with plugs, others that aren't, it's luck of the draw.

Back