Sleeper Car Attendant Rob on the Crescent 19

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cassie225

Lead Service Attendant
AU Supporting Member
Finally back from frigid Newark and I must say I got out of there in time. Left on Feb. 23 on the Crescent 19 H bedroom. Our Sleeper car Attendant Rob was AWESOME. I have ridden the Crescent numerous times and have never had an attendant like this. He attended to our every need. He anticipated what we needed before we did and did it. Kept us up to date when the train stopped for anything.Always checked on us without being intrusive,came to our sleeper and conversed with us from time to time,brought our meals if needed. I don't know if he ever went to sleep.Always had a smile for us. From now on any attendant I have will be judged on the standards that were set by Rob. We never had to push the call attendant button. Thanks Rob for showing us what the measure of a true sleeper car attendant should be doing. If we could request you each time I'm on the Crescent we would. Amtrak will also be hearing about you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, do make sure to send Amtrak a letter commending Rob. He's the star of that line, there's no doubt, though I've also had a good experience with Marcie - first trip we had she was really attentive, and every trip thereafter she's recognized and remembered us (we only travel on the Crescent about 2x/year), and knows not to "smother" us with constant checking when we're trying to chill. ;)

Rob sounds familiar .Anybody have a descriprion of him. I think I would know him,too
Welcome back Bill! Hope you are feeling better. I have had Rob on a number of occasions and wholeheartedly agree with the OP. Unless his assignment has changed he works the 1910/2010 car. Whenever I make a reservation I specifically request this car and hope he is on that day. Rob is Caucasian in his late forties-early fifties, well built six footer, and hair challenged.

Last edited by a moderator:
I opened this with such interest. Here I thought you were just a sloppy typist and an attendant was robbed on the train.

Possibly I'll see him on our upcoming trip in a few months. I'll ask him if he got his money back!

He is really tall. I didn't notice anything about his hair. So I can request him when I'm on the Crescent. Do you do that when you make your reservation?
Can you confirm that you were in car 1910 when you returned home to Louisiana? If so, Rob more than likely works car 2010 on northbound trips and car 1910 on southbound trips. You will have to call to make a reservation and specifically request those car numbers for the chance of getting Rob.

It will be a crap shoot though on whether you have Rob as your SCA. It depends on schedule assignments since there are four trainsets for the Crescent and the particular crew in question for that trainset on the day of your travel.

Yes, do make sure to send Amtrak a letter commending Rob. He's the star of that line, there's no doubt, though I've also had a good experience with Marcie - first trip we had she was really attentive, and every trip thereafter she's recognized and remembered us (we only travel on the Crescent about 2x/year), and knows not to "smother" us with constant checking when we're trying to chill. ;)
Another star is Bob, I think that was his name. He's an older African American, that has been with Amtrak since 1973. Was my sleeping car attendant on a trip on the CZ. Saw him again as the Minneapolis 807 coach attendant on the EB. He said he liked taking the short Minneapolis trip from time to time.

There is an African-American SCA on the CZ (based out of Chicago) who goes by the name "Robert". An excellent attendant, whom served my 531 sleeper on 5(23).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back