Sleeper Info Not Displaying in Reservation

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lthanlon

OBS Chief
I just made a roundtrip reservation on the Southwest Chief and both the e-mail confirmation and itinerary information at Amtrak.com fail to list the car and room number I've been assigned. I telephoned Amtrak this morning and they confirmed that I do have rooms reserved, and provided me the car and roomette numbers. They also sent me a new e-mail confirmation with this information.

When I double-checked on Amtrak.com just now, however, the car and room numbers still are not displaying, regardless of whether I view my reservation in "View/Edit" or "Tripfolio." I don't think this is related to operating system, since the car and room number fail to display in Mac OS 10.6, iPhone, iPad and Windows XP.

Has anybody else experienced this issue -- and should I be concerned?

Last edited by a moderator:
That happened to me about 2 weeks ago when I booked a Sept trip on the CS online. The first email confirmation that I got only said 'Superliner Roomette' after the 'Seat(s)/Room(s)' line. I immediately called and the agent confirmed my rez and also told me the room and car number as well as sending me another conf email that did show that info. I hadn't thought to check my Tripfolio. :huh:

I doubt that it's a problem though...

The room info only shows up in the emails, it can never be viewed on line neither during booking or afterwards by pulling up the reservation.

The room info only shows up in the emails, it can never be viewed on line neither during booking or afterwards by pulling up the reservation.
Any idea why that is the case? Is this yet another Arrowism, which I find hard to believe, or is there some other reason?

That happened to me about 2 weeks ago when I booked a Sept trip on the CS online. The first email confirmation that I got only said 'Superliner Roomette' after the 'Seat(s)/Room(s)' line. I immediately called and the agent confirmed my rez and also told me the room and car number as well as sending me another conf email that did show that info. I hadn't thought to check my Tripfolio. :huh:
I doubt that it's a problem though...
You might not have been assigned a room/car because the Denver sleeper may not have been confirmed yet.

EDIT: Forget it, I'm wrong.

Any idea why that is the case? Is this yet another Arrowism, which I find hard to believe, or is there some other reason?
This is mainly an educated guess on my part, based upon knowledge of things and not actual info.

ARROW always knows what room one is in, so it cannot be ARROW that is preventing displaying the info. Whoever wrote the front end for Amtrak.com just didn't bother to include the coding to look up that field in ARROW. Most likely that could be because Amtrak doesn't want people picking their own rooms, or at least it seems that way, which is why you can't see rooms during the booking process. I guess that again, either someone didn't think of it, got lazy, or figured the moratorium on room numbers applied even after booking an actual room.

I'm sure that it would be a relatively easy programming change to get the room number to show up when checking your reservation after the original booking is done.

This just started happening to me. When i book my CZ-EB trip for February, I had my room info in the confirmation email, bit when I booked a CL & SWC trip last month for July, i didn't get any of that info. I wonder why the change?

Same here, haven't been getting room/car info either...emails, tripfolio, anything. Had to call. Ugh

This is the response I got from Customer Relations when I emailed them about this problem last month when I made a reservation.

"Thank you for contacting us.

We have been experiencing technical issues with our website. Our System Administrators are working on the problem. When it is working properly, the e-mail confirmation contains your car and room number. We apologize for any inconvenience. "

I just made yet another rez online (someone please help me with this 'affliction'. Santa Barbara here I come!) and the original confirmation email again failed to show specifics. Another call to Amtrak filled me in though. It's not a major inconvenience but we shouldn't have to go that extra step just to know what we have in store for upcoming trips. :(

Must be another half-assed security move :lol: :lol: if you don't know what compartment/room you are in you will have difficulty planning to do bad things :) Juuuust kidding, in case someone insists on taking this seriously :-/

You'd think after what are probably several hundred customer calls to Amtrak customer reps asking about why the e-mail no longer displays the car and room number, someone with sufficient authority would restore the data fields.

Must be another half-assed security move :lol: :lol: if you don't know what compartment/room you are in you will have difficulty planning to do bad things :) Juuuust kidding, in case someone insists on taking this seriously :-/
Aloha Jishnu

Take you seriously :huh:

The only thing better than your knowledge, is your humor :)

Mahalo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back