Sleeper ticketing question

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RTOlson

Lead Service Attendant
I'm booked into a roomette for a June trip on Coast Starlight. I was just curious about how Amtrak handles tickets for sleepers. I'm sure people who have booked into sleepers can answer this question really easily.

I was curious because Amtrak treats sleeping accommodations as an addition to seat fare. I initially thought there would be two tickets (in part because a second passenger with seat fare could share the sleeper). However, I think Amtrak could equally just issue one ticket for the seat fare-roomette pair.

For just one leg of a trip, would you get one or two tickets for a sleeper accommodation?

Thanks.

I'm booked into a roomette for a June trip on Coast Starlight. I was just curious about how Amtrak handles tickets for sleepers. I'm sure people who have booked into sleepers can answer this question really easily.
I was curious because Amtrak treats sleeping accommodations as an addition to seat fare. I initially thought there would be two tickets (in part because a second passenger with seat fare could share the sleeper). However, I think Amtrak could equally just issue one ticket for the seat fare-roomette pair.

For just one leg of a trip, would you get one or two tickets for a sleeper accommodation?

Thanks.
You will receive just one ticket; it has the railfare and accomodation charges listed on it. I believe the second person will have a ticket with the railfare only, but the car and room number would also be on it. As I generally travel solo, I'm open to corrections as far as the other traveller's ticket.

Just to correct any confusion, two people occupying a sleeping car room will get one ticket each - a total of two tickets. The first person on the reservation gets a ticket with that person's rail fare and the full accommodation charge. The second person gets a separate ticket with just the rail fare shown. There was a time when Amtrak would put two or more people on a single ticket, but that is not done today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back