Sleepers to go?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheer Luck Holmes

Train Attendant
Having read the posting about the Amtrak Report Card, it is suggested that sleepers might be cut from L.D. trains?

As someone who runs his own small business, I would find it impossible to predict what the effect of removing sleeper cars from long distance trains would be. I can't see how anyone apart from the young, the true adventurers, or the hard up would choose to sit up in a seat, without showers, for two or three days? The removal of the sleeper element from the present set up would only reduce the L.D. train to a slower version of the Greyhound bus service.

There is a Canadian rail route, which I think is up to "Prince Rupert", where when the train arrives at the half way point of the two day journey, they stop overnight, and continue again in the morning. Passengers have to book accomodation off the train in the local hotels, overnight.

I wonder whether this system of point to point (stages!) would be a good alternative to the present system?

SLH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back