Slidell Louisiana Amtrak parking?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am hoping to connect with someone familiar with parking at or near the Slidell Train Station. I've discovered there is a Parking Lot and that there is a long term parking area. How often does this fill up? Most of what I have read here indicates it is a safe place. Do you think so? What is the likelyhood that a parking space would be available Nov. 28,29/30th for a little over a week. I was not able to locate a long term parking lot in Slidell. Do you know of any? I did not find a web site that identified any commercial paid parking in the area. Do you know of a site?

I have been to this station. It’s not much, the restaurant next door was popular. Not even sure where they define the Amtrak parking lot to be at. The park across from the station?

How much do you like your vehicle? There is hotels/motels in the area. A hospital, multiple 24 hour stores in the area.

When the train came in, it seem to be a very small area where one door open.

I vote for you to explore different options.

I am hoping to connect with someone familiar with parking at or near the Slidell Train Station. I've discovered there is a Parking Lot and that there is a long term parking area. How often does this fill up? Most of what I have read here indicates it is a safe place. Do you think so? What is the likelyhood that a parking space would be available Nov. 28,29/30th for a little over a week. I was not able to locate a long term parking lot in Slidell. Do you know of any? I did not find a web site that identified any commercial paid parking in the area. Do you know of a site?
If you can get to New Orleans without driving,( Bus/Ride Share etc), since Parking is Expensive in the Big Easy, I recommend you do this to catch your Train as opposed to Slidell!

Back