Southwest Chief #4 Meal Question

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottC4746

OBS Chief
Two simple questions (FYI I have a roomette:

Departing LAX - since we leave at 6:15 PM, do we get a dinner?

Arriving CHI - since we arrive 315 PM, do we get a lunch?

Two simple questions (FYI I have a roomette:

Departing LAX - since we leave at 6:15 PM, do we get a dinner?

Arriving CHI - since we arrive 315 PM, do we get a lunch?
Yes to both! ^_^ (Youll have a shortened Lunch period and probably menu going into CHI since the Crew will be in a hurry to clean up and most LD Trains run out of stuff on the Second day of LD Routes!!)

Last edited by a moderator:
I was on the eastbound Southwest Chief last Saturday.

We were offered a limited menu choice for lunch prior

to arrival in Chicago. Don't chose the Meat Loaf!!

Scott: I took the same trip in October. Got both meals and had a GREAT trip. Food was very good. Hope you have the same crew we had.

Had time to go to Phillpe's (sp) while waiting in LAX...Food was great and the prices were very reasonable. LOVED the Beef Sandwich and the brownies..

Scott: I took the same trip in October. Got both meals and had a GREAT trip. Food was very good. Hope you have the same crew we had.

Had time to go to Phillpe's (sp) while waiting in LAX...Food was great and the prices were very reasonable. LOVED the Beef Sandwich and the brownies..
The crew I had in May from CHI-LAX was a mixed bag. I had a SCA from Hell. Thanks to him I spoke to Amtrak when I got home and received a $100 voucher. The lounge attendent thought he was trying humor, "I am back from my break, oh joy", made me want to go back there and say, "If you hate your job that much -- quit!" Hopefully I will have a better crew.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back