Southwest Chief

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My wife and I were scheduled to ride CoNO next week however due to the weather we are going on the Chief (CHI-ABQ) , Sleeper "a" car number 331? Any info on service would be happily recieved.

If your going to albuquerque on the SWC, your in for a treat. The good news is you'll sleep quite a bit of the way through Kansas and be refreshed following breakfast for the the trip through eastern colorado and raton pass. I think you will be the last room in your car but unsure if your in the last sleeper. The staff I have encounterd are always good. The train is almost always close to time eastbound to Albuquerque.

rands said:
we are going on the Chief  (CHI-ABQ) , Sleeper "a" car number 331? Any info on service would be happily recieved.
Aloha

Rode the same train and car, my trip report is

Honolulu to New Orleans, First Trip Report

I tried to make it a link but could not see how as it is on this sight under travellogs.

Enjoy

Eric

I rode on that same car out to LA in late July. If you get David as an attendant he's great. He went above the call of duty to help me get stuff out of our room after my cousin forgot his CD player and CD's. I really liked the trip and wanted to take the City of New Orleans with a sleeper. Now I guess that will be put on hold for a while. The food on that train is great and the sleeper was nice clean. Don't forget to tip your attendant too.

Back