Spring Training in Florida

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abcnews

OBS Chief
The Silver Star has a really perfect timetable for Spring Training.

* it stops at so many small towns with ball parks... Kissimmee, FL (Houston, plus the Braves are nearby), Lakeland, FL (Tigers), Tampa (NYY), Clearwater (via bus - Phillies). And West Palm is near a park or two I believe. Or you can just get off at Orlando and rent a car.

* It arrives in the morning and departs in the late afternoon. So perfect timing for baseball games.

We arrive in Lakeland (Detroit Tigers) at 11:40 AM, and the baseball game is scheduled for 1:05 PM. The northbound departure is at 5:53 - which is perfect. Just in time for dinner in the diner. No need for a hotel or car rental. We plan to take a cab from the station over to the Tigers ballpark. Maybe just walk back for the exercise, but I bet I could get our same cab driver to meet us near the ballpark. around 5 PM. And you can buy Spring game tickets online. So we can just go right to our seats.

You left out the most important thing: you can wave at my hometown, Columbia, South Carolina, when you pass through at 2 in the morning!! :lol: :giggle: :rolleyes:

You've got Roger Dean in Jupiter which is 15-20 minutes north of West Palm Beach. Home of the Cardinals and my Florida Marlins.

Back