St. Louis Cardinals to travel by train

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBlueBuddha

Service Attendant
From National Public Radio:

The St. Louis Cardinals will board an Amtrak train in Washington and travel to Philadelphia to take on the Phillies in a three-game series that begins Friday. Cardinals General Manager John Mozeliak is interviewed for All Things Considered and offers reasons for the train trip. Story will be broadcast at approximately 7:00 PM EDT.

The St. Louis Cardinals will board an Amtrak train in Washington and travel to Philadelphia to take on the Phillies in a three-game series that begins Friday. Cardinals General Manager John Mozeliak is interviewed for All Things Considered and offers reasons for the train trip. Story will be broadcast at approximately 7:00 PM EDT.
Several NBA teams including the SA Spure(GO!SPURS!GO!) ride the trains between WAS and Philly

and Philly and NYC!They have a private car but I did see Timmy Duncan and some other Spurs in

Union Station buying sunglasses while awaiting their train!Guess the Acela Lounge was full or else

they were traveling steerage! :lol:

Several NBA teams including the SA Spure(GO!SPURS!GO!) ride the trains between WAS and Philly

and Philly and NYC!They have a private car but I did see Timmy Duncan and some other Spurs in

Union Station buying sunglasses while awaiting their train!Guess the Acela Lounge was full or else

they were traveling steerage! :lol:
I know you were probably being funny, but to be serious for a moment, if they were traveling in a private car, I'd guess they wouldn't have access to the ClubAcela.

I've also seen ball teams traveling in coach on airplanes, so if they weren't in their private car, it wouldn't be without precedent to book them in coach. (My cousin flew on a plane with the Dodgers some years ago and got Tommy Lasorda's, who was sitting across from him, autograph.)

Last edited by a moderator:
I know the NHL's Rangers routinely take Amtrak for games in Philly. I'm sure the Mets have as well for games in Philly.

I'm sure the Mets have as well for games in Philly.

They even had a contest where they gave away Acela ride ans game tickets and other stuff! They even have the Acela Restaurant (although it doesn't looks like an Acela, nor serves the type of food as on the Acela) in the left field corner, right above the Amtrak.com sign :cool: . Go Mets, and hope the Cards take the Phillies down (even if the Mets have been toatally wiped off the face of the earth :lol: ).

cpamtfan-Peter

Way to go Cards; took the first game tonight!! Sorry MrEd and Acela 150, I couldn't help it, just had to comment. No hard feelings, just trying to have a little fun with you guys...

Another baseball and trains item today - also involving the Cardinals - from the Associated Press:

Philadelphia -- Matt Holliday wanted to join his new team quickly, so he hopped a train. The three-time All-Star, traded to St. Louis by Oakland on Friday, was in New York with the A's when he learned of the deal. To avoid traffic, he chose a train to Philadelphia over a car ride down congested I-95.

He got to Citizens Bank Park in time for the game, then had an immediate effect, batting cleanup and going four for five in the Cardinals' 8-1 win over the Phillies in a battle of division leaders.

Another baseball and trains item today - also involving the Cardinals - from the Associated Press:

Philadelphia -- Matt Holliday wanted to join his new team quickly, so he hopped a train. The three-time All-Star, traded to St. Louis by Oakland on Friday, was in New York with the A's when he learned of the deal. To avoid traffic, he chose a train to Philadelphia over a car ride down congested I-95.

He got to Citizens Bank Park in time for the game, then had an immediate effect, batting cleanup and going four for five in the Cardinals' 8-1 win over the Phillies in a battle of division leaders.
Not good for my Astros.perhaps they need to ride the train when they come North to play the Mets/Nats

and Phillies!Go Stros!!! :lol:

According to the St. Louis Post Dispatch, the manager liked the ride so much, he said he will have to ask the person who arranges their travel to get a train back to St. Louis from Philadelphia.

Good luck Tony.

Way to go Cards; took the first game tonight!! Sorry MrEd and Acela 150, I couldn't help it, just had to comment. No hard feelings, just trying to have a little fun with you guys...
So Philly did take series 2 out of 3.

Not sure if Cardinals took the train or bus home.

PHILADELPHIA -- The home runs keep on coming. So do the home wins.

Jimmy Rollins, Chase Utley, Ryan Howard and Raul Ibanez all hit two-run shots Sunday, and Joe Blanton extended his two months of dominance, as the Phillies beat the Cardinals, 9-2, for their fifth straight series victory at Citizens Bank Park.

Yep, they sure did, and quite convincingly too. Oh well, maybe next time.

I'm guessing the Cards flew home; have a home game tomorrow night...

Weill, . . . if the Bears are winning, they deserve to ride Acela. However, if Ulacher continues to be soft, his hindquarters can ride in a NJT Comet car with non functioning toilets so the stench can remind him of his play.

Yep, they sure did, and quite convincingly too. Oh well, maybe next time.

I'm guessing the Cards flew home; have a home game tomorrow night...
Well if Tony Larussa wants to ride a train perhaps it can be worked out when the Cards win! :lol:

Dont count on the Cubs,its not August yet!Go Astros! :) :)

According to the St. Louis Post Dispatch, the manager liked the ride so much, he said he will have to ask the person who arranges their travel to get a train back to St. Louis from Philadelphia.
The perfect routing:

PHL-CHI...on...The Cardinal! :D

I'm guessing the Cards flew home; have a home game tomorrow night..
Against the best-record-in-baseball L.A. Dodgers (who just dropped 2 of 3 to the Florida Marlins and begin a string of 20 games in as many days tonight at St. Louis).

To make at least an attempt to remain on-topic, Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim manager Mike Scioscia is known to ride Metrolink to the ballpark at Anaheim, where the station is right at the edge of the stadium parking lot. His wife cancels out the positive transit impact, however, by driving to pick him up after games.

I'm guessing the Cards flew home; have a home game tomorrow night..
Against the best-record-in-baseball L.A. Dodgers (who just dropped 2 of 3 to the Florida Marlins and begin a string of 20 games in as many days tonight at St. Louis).

To make at least an attempt to remain on-topic, Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim manager Mike Scioscia is known to ride Metrolink to the ballpark at Anaheim, where the station is right at the edge of the stadium parking lot. His wife cancels out the positive transit impact, however, by driving to pick him up after games.
Didn't know that Scioscia took the train to some games. IIRC he lives in LA somewhere, so the Northbound PacSurf leaves too early for him to take it home.

Plus, right after a game; he probably wouldn't want to get a ribbing from a fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back