St. Louis observations.

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I rode 301 to Stl and 304 back on 2/26/17. 301 arrived 30 minutes early. Good trip.

Both escalators connecting station to bridge over platforms were inoperable. Station is not that old. Imho thus was not a good sign.

Observed Stl-kcy train with 3 business class snack cars coupled one after the other. Conductor that was boarding 304 Said this was for axel count.

Those escalators were broke last time I was in St. Louis a year and a half ago. I really miss the old station, it was one of my favorite places in the world.

What entity owns and manages this facility? Why aren't they doing their job maintaining satisfactory maintenance of this facility? Governments are good at extracting taxes from the citizens, but do a terrible job of properly spending those taxes.

Governments are good at extracting taxes from the citizens, but do a terrible job of properly spending those taxes.
What did we do to deserve this tiresome platitude?

In fact, the US state and federal governments do a very poor job of taxing the rich. I believe we all know one 'billionaire' who said it was "smart" to avoid paying taxes. And a much, much richer billionaire said it was an unfair system that has him paying taxes at a lower rate than his secretary. As a group, those with the highest incomes, counting in the millions per year, usually pay at a much lower tax rate than you or I do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back