St. Louis replacement station

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks a lot better than the piece of junk trailer that it replaced. Now, if only Amtrak could figure out a way to get back into St. Louis Union Station. (Not likely, I know.)

new temporary St. Louis station
Where, in town is that located, if you know? Anywhere near downtown? Can you get to it via the lightrail system?

I'm going to be in St Louis next summer.

Thanks!!!

It's right near downtown. It's actually about two blocks south of the Savvis Center (formerly known as the Kiel Center) along 16th St. on the other side of the I-64/US 40 overpass. There is a Savvis Center stop on Metrolink (called "Civic Center"), so it's within walking distance of the light rail system.

Its a nice photo, and a decent looking station, I guess the 21st century version of the Amshack. I'm a little confused though, is it permanent, or temporary? (If the latter, then what's going to be permanent)

I would guess that this is the new permanent temporary station it'll probably take them another decade to get the new intermodal off of the planning board.

Back