Strange AGR posting

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the_traveler

Engineer
On NTD, I took 4 trains. 3 of them posted earlier, but I was concerned that the 4th one would not post without a little help. ;) Well it finally posted, but the "trip details" are a little strange!

Trip date: 5/09/08
Ticket Issuance: 5/10/08
:huh:

How did I travel 1 day before the ticket was issued? I knew I'm good, but I didn't know that I was that good! :lol:

Anyone else see something strange?

On NTD, I took 4 trains. 3 of them posted earlier, but I was concerned that the 4th one would not post without a little help. ;) Well it finally posted, but the "trip details" are a little strange!
Trip date: 5/09/08
Ticket Issuance: 5/10/08
:huh:

How did I travel 1 day before the ticket was issued? I knew I'm good, but I didn't know that I was that good! :lol:

Anyone else see something strange?
I've seen this, and I think it might be the same situation as me. If you take a less-than-full-length trip on a long distance train, and board on the second or subsequent day of its multiple-day run, it seems the travel date is recorded as the date that run starts. In my own case, I took #11 (southbound Coast Starlight) from Santa Barbara to LA on 12/16/07. When it posted, the travel date was 12/15/07, I assume because that's the date it left Seattle. Just yesterday (5/27), I took #11 from Oakland to LA; I suspect when that posts, the travel date will say 5/26 because that's when that train left Seattle. We'll see in a few days.

-Chris

Back