stringing together one zone rewards

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm dreaming about doing the grand loop: CHI-ATL-LAX-PDX-CHI Is it possible to string together four 1-zone rewards? (best scenario 2-zone + 2-zone) For example, ARROW will give me CHI-ATL and ATL-ELP(via NOL), but not together. Will a helpful AGR agent do this? Fortunately, ARROW will allow ELP-CHI. Thanks in advance to the experts

I'm dreaming about doing the grand loop: CHI-ATL-LAX-PDX-CHI Is it possible to string together four 1-zone rewards? (best scenario 2-zone + 2-zone) For example, ARROW will give me CHI-ATL and ATL-ELP(via NOL), but not together. Will a helpful AGR agent do this? Fortunately, ARROW will allow ELP-CHI. Thanks in advance to the experts
As long as you "got the points", the AGR rep will fill your requests. Double check your routes, as there MIGHT be some cases (don't think so in the routes you listed) where it makes sense to pay a small coach fee to "get" from one zone to the other, instead of burning a full ZONE rfedemption.

(Example would be, paying for coach from say Toledo to Chicago, and then using a 1 ZONE award to get from Chicago to NOL, or ELP.......... or something like that)

It seems that Arrow will give ATL-LAX with the forced layover in NOL, on days where the connection is valid. Then you can go LAX-CHI. Both should be two-zone awards.

rrdude has the right idea but not the right example! TOL-ELP and CHI-ELP are both one zone. Probably meant to say buy coach CHI->TOL and use a one zoner TOL-ATL.

If you're a night owl and the CHI-TOL leg is on the CL (which it should be for the transfer to ATL/NOL) then the coach ride will be perfectly tolerable.

Back