Student Advantage Rewards

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin L.

Service Attendant
Almost all of the Amtrak point earning opportunities are online only, and require you to go through a special amtrak link from their online mall. The student advantage card provides many discounts in the same manner. Some places, like Office Depot, offer both AGR points and a SA discount. However, I can only get to the page from one of the 2 links, so is it possible to acquire amtrak points and get the 10% off?

(4 to 6 weeks for points to show up is ridiculously long. I guess it is so you run out of time to return the items and run with the points?)

I'm pretty sure that there is no way to do both, get the discount and the points.

And the 4 to 6 weeks has nothing to do with returns, they'll just process a return and take your points back. It just has to do with how the merchants report points. Hilton for example seems to report points earned via their HH program 3 times a month to Amtrak. So HH points always show up very quickly on my AGR account.

Other places only report once a month to AGR, so it can take much longer for your points to show up depending on just when you purchased something.

Back