Subway-Style Route Map of Amtrak Passenger Rail

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
amtrak.jpg

Back in July, MrFSS posted about this diagram (which is all my own work, and I am not in any way affiliated with Amtrak) in this thread. At the time, there was quite an animated discussion of the diagram, and a lot of interest in posters. Well, after a delay during which my wife and I had our first child, I am pleased to announce that posters of the diagram are now available for purchase. I've used the time to check and recheck the accuracy of the information on the diagram and make a few little tweaks.

Each poster is 36 inches wide by 24 inches tall, and is digitally printed on 13.5 mil, 250gsm Red River Aurora Fine Art White 100% cotton rag paper, which is acid and lignin free. This is a fantastic, slightly textured matte art paper, almost as thick as business card stock. It holds the archival quality Epson Ultrachrome K3 ink beautifully: the color is bright and detail is crisp and sharp. This is not a cheap and nasty FedEx Office print! This will be a limited edition of 75 prints only, so first come, first served!

If you know someone else you think may be interested in this, please spread the word - Twitter, Facebook, email, word of mouth. I'd also love to hear any comments on the diagram, either here or on my blog.

Regards,

Cameron

LINKS

4000px wide JPG of the poster (no Flickr log-in required!)

Blog entry on the diagram

Order page

Ordered!

Also, congrats on the new baby!

Finally, I'm not sure if I made the connection in the last thread, but I'm a huge fan of (and was one of the first commenters on the Flickr page) for the WMATA map that you did. Hopefully the map redesign that they are doing now will look more like your work.

One small error I just noticed on the map... Greenfield Village is closer to a Flag Stop then a Seasonal stop. As the Village its self is open year-round; and the Wolverine only stops their if a group requests it.

peter

One small error I just noticed on the map... Greenfield Village is closer to a Flag Stop then a Seasonal stop. As the Village its self is open year-round; and the Wolverine only stops their if a group requests it.

peter
Hmm, I guess you're right. Good thing that we're not printing until Monday! Any other errors?

Cameron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back