Sunset Lateness

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike

Train Attendant
I noticed today the east bound Sunset Limited is going to be 7 and half hours late getting into New Orleans. I wonder if UP is to blame for this or if there was another factor involved.

I noticed today the east bound Sunset Limited is going to be 7 and half hours late getting into New Orleans. I wonder if UP is to blame for this or if there was another factor involved.
99.9% of the time the UP gets the blame and deservedly so. Sitting on # 1 or # 2 in a siding and watching stack trains pass in BOTH directions is not my idea of a first class train, which, by definition an Amtrak train is and the freight train is not unless it is listed in the UP timetable as such. First class trains are supposed to have priority; seems like Omaha has never gotten the message or threw away the rule book.

Last edited by a moderator:
They probably didn't throw it away - they probably just tore the sheets out one at a time to use in the company privy when the Sears catalog was all used up.
It was later than 7 hours. I saw it at 4:55 pm going through Downtown Beaumont.

I never liked that Idea much. I think the Crescent should go via Atl-DFW-ELP.

I agree. I was thinking a non-sleeper train running between ATL-NOL. I would run 2 southbound and 2 north bound a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back