Sunset Limited #1 WB 11/3/12

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amtrak Cajun

OBS Chief
Hey fellow AU'ers.

I was out at lunch yesterday, and on my way back home, I was at the bus terminal *which also serves as Amtrak and as of yesterday Greyhound as well*, when I realized that it was about time for the SL to come through and make its station stop. I grabbed my new Droid Razr M and shot an HD vid of the train, with commentary lol. Switch to HD for best quality. I dont know why Youtube starts the vid at such low quality.

http://youtu.be/WtJF11uRHqk

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Dave, I was eager to test out the camera on the phone, and it shoots well. The only thing is, the phone is fairly thin, so Im afraid to drop it, hence some shakiness, but luckily Youtube has a stabilizer that you can use, and it works quite well.

Aloha

The video shows why I hate electronic stabilization. When you are panning the electronics fight your pan, making the motion jerky, just what you want to stop. Pro's deal wit this by mechanical means and by usually keeping the camera steady and letting the subject do the moving. If your only video is a Smart Phone, Tiffen sells a relatively cheap "Steadicam", a specially designed handle that helps to keep you steady.

Back