Sunset Limited Rally in Tallahassee

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would love to hear how this goes. If memory serves it's not the loveliest (nor safest) neighborhood. At least it wasn't when I was growing up. Be nice to see rail service back in Tally, though, would make hometown visits easier. Be careful and good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Flouridian seamed to serve Alabama pretty well.

Maybe the state of Florida needs to give the money from Jacksonville-Talahassee-Pensacola. That takes the train 2/3 of the way there.

I just saw on the news the city leaders are trying to get Amtrak back to Tallahassee, YES!!! I can't be at the rally tomorrow but I am there in spirit. I'll sign that petition!!!!

I do not believe a long thread every week is needed.
There are many people here who would disagree with you.
I believe a long train several times a week is needed. :lol:
Of course, we would love 20 car Amtrak trains all over the place, not just AT. But a giant forum thread? WHY?
Why is it that the second significant urge, after fulfilling the first significant urge to post messages, that people develop is to become a moderator? If you don't think a thread is necessary just don't participate in the thread. But why clutter up a thread with a discussion about the existence of the thread when there are dozens who wish to participate in the thread? ;)

Of course, we would love 20 car Amtrak trains all over the place, not just AT. But a giant forum thread? WHY?
Tradition! As long as I have visited this site there have been frequent, long, involved threads about the suspended Sunset Limited east. Why would that change?

Does anyone know if the local newspaper (Tallahassee Democrat) and TV stations have been notified about this rally?
There was mention of this event this morning on Channel 27. Not the best day for a rally since it has been raining all morning and the forecast shows rain for most of the day. I would have attended the rally myself but unfortunately I had a medical appointment. My home is about forty miles from the Tallahassee station. During the run of the "Sunset East" my wife and I used this train about three times a year. We sure miss this route!

Why is it that the second significant urge, after fulfilling the first significant urge to post messages, that people develop is to become a moderator? If you don't think a thread is necessary just don't participate in the thread. But why clutter up a thread with a discussion about the existence of the thread when there are dozens who wish to participate in the thread? ;)
I was just saying! I currently have no intention to become a moderator! You can criticize me for posting too much, but please don't do it for me trying to clear up a misunderstanding, like in this post!

No service has been restored, but that hasn't stopped talk of new station stops...

With the city of Crestview and Okaloosa County not interested in restored passenger service, their neighbors in Walton County are eager to offer up DeFuniak Springs as a replacement.

http://www.nwfdailyn...ak-support.html

For those of you guys who have Facebook this is for you if your interested in it that is.

http://www.facebook....imitedToFlorida

I wonder is it possible that should something whether SL, CONO, or something else run east of New Orleans is it possible through cars could be sent down to Miami using the FEC tracks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back