SUNSET LIMITED

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone been on the SL #2 recently? Have a trip schedule in June, connecting to SL in NOL from CONOL #59 from (CDL)Illinois. Thinking of getting a sleeper from CDL to NOL, since I board the CONOL at 1 am on a Sunday morning. Currently have around a 4-5 hour layover in NOL before boarding SL to ORL. Wondered if the SL has really be running late into NOL, as I've been hearing. I'm on the SL June 14th. Also, wonder if during layover, will station at NOL secure baggage while I sightsee in New Orleans for a few hours.

Buzman,

Well I always encourage anyone to get a sleeper if at all possible. :)

The Sunset has been very late, lately. But one can never predict what will happen on any given day. So check the arrival monitor, before you go wandering in NOL.

They will indeed day check your bags for you in NOL. If you are in a sleeper on the Sunset, then it won't cost you anything. If not, last I knew it was a buck fifty a bag. Just head to the ticket counter to check your bags for the day, they handle it there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back