Sunset tonight (8/25) and Starlight tomorrow (8/26) -- fire delays?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yumacool

Service Attendant
AU Supporting Member
My wife and I are riding the Sunset between Yuma, Az. and LAX tonight, then transferring to the northbound Coast Starlight. Does anyone know if either of the trains are being delayed by the many wildfires taking place right now? I'm particularly concerned by California where there are a number of fires in the southern and central part of the state. Any info will be helpful ...

Sunset Limited are usually on-time into LA, and I don't think any wildfires are affecting either trains at the moment. It's only the Southwest Chief through the Cajon Pass that was rerouted through the Antelope Valley, Palmdale and Mojave, but now that has been fixed too.

No need to worry about wildfire, at least for now. The National Weather Service (Weather dot gov) weather map shows that there are no red flag warnings currently in effect in either California and Arizona. The Red Flag alerts are only in effect in western part of Oregon and Washington. The warning area only covers the route of the CS beteween Chemult (halfway between Chemult and Eugene) and Seattle.

Your trains will not be delayed by fires. But you may see (or smell?) some of the distant fire smoke in some locations, depending on wind direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back