Sunset Trip Pictures

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice Job on those photos!

My wife and I will take the Sunset roundtrip to NOLA in April (Jazzfest) along with another couple. ITS OUR FIRST AMTRAP trip! I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am about it, but these pics are great -they really give me an idea of what I can expect.

Thank you.

Happy rails! - out

AlanB said:
MrFSS said:
I went ahead and posted them on airliners.net
I went to the link, but no photos show. Am I doing something wrong???
I had that happen too. Then when I clicked the refresh button on my browser, the pictures showed up.
Same here. I simply closed the window and re-opened the page. Excellent pictures!

Hey! NativeSon! I get a shirt stain like that everytime I hold my godson. Were you rocking somebody's baby to sleep?

By the way, how was OTP?

lepearso, no, there was no rocking of a baby this time around. Perhaps water leaked on my shirt when I was going between cars or something? It was raining hard for most of the ride.

Anyway we ended up being about two and one/half hours late into SAT. We lots a lot of time between Beaumont and Houston (around an hour and a half) and another hour or so in between Houston and San Antonio.

It was a great ride though. I won't let late running ruin my trip, no sir.

Thanks for sharing. I have a feeling I am going on the KMart version train versus the more deluxe trains. (Mine is Cardinal)

Thanks for sharing. I have a feeling I am going on the KMart version train versus the more deluxe trains. (Mine is Cardinal)
I just road the Cardinal from NYP to IND. It isn't the best, especially the diner. See my trip report under that heading for more info.

Back