Superliner Roomette Outlets

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveKCMO

Service Attendant
i'm planning a big cross-country trip on amtrak and have heard a lot of talk about the electrical outlets in the sleepers and coach. does anyone have any pictures of the actual outlets? specifically need the superliner roomette (refurbished or not) for SWC, CS, and EB. i've scoured google images and am not sure i'm seeing the correct view.

my need is based on my packing approach. i want as few cables and electro-doohickeys as possible. while i trust everyone's advice on extension cords, etc., i would like to see the outlets for myself to see if there are any other shortcuts to eliminate the clutter i take on board. i have an iGo juice power adapter system that powers my laptop, cellphone, and digicam with one three-pronged outlet, so a lot of my problems are already solved.

thanks!

dave

I don't have any pictures specifically, but I can tell you the Superliner II outlets are not recessed, they are above the head of one of the seats and make it so a portable surge can be put on there. However the Superliner I's outlets are recessed so you need a surge protector with a little bit of cord on it to be able to plug in.

Dave, I don't have any pictures either but would like to share this with you. I don't know what pictures you have googled up but this site, http://360360.com/, will give you a good idea what the different cars( and sleepers) look like. The panel Battalion 51 mentioned is located over the top of one seat near the window.

Hope it helps.......

Dave, I don't have any pictures either but would like to share this with you. I don't know what pictures you have googled up but this site, http://360360.com/, will give you a good idea what the different cars( and sleepers) look like. The panel Battalion 51 mentioned is located over the top of one seat near the window.Hope it helps.......
I have a picture that you can use. I'm not certain how to attach it but here goes. Sorry it didn't work. I don't know how.

Dave, I don't have any pictures either but would like to share this with you. I don't know what pictures you have googled up but this site, http://360360.com/, will give you a good idea what the different cars( and sleepers) look like. The panel Battalion 51 mentioned is located over the top of one seat near the window.

Hope it helps.......
I have a picture that you can use. I'm not certain how to attach it but here goes. Sorry it didn't work. I don't know how.
We don't permit pictures to be uploaded to the board. In order to display a picture, you'd have to have a website of your own or use one of the free services like PhotoBucket to host your picture and then link to it here.

I also would suggest a small surge protector.
I suggest a one foot extension cord (bought mine at Staples) and a one outlet surge supresssor.

Here is a picture of a Superliner I outlet:

surge.jpg

Superliner II outlet:

surgesupII.jpg

It's a little hard to see but a Superliner II outlet has a riser and is compatible with "wall warts." A Superliner I outlet is recessed, requiring the short one foot extension cord for wall warts.

Cheers,

David Z

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back