Surge Protector

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Diane

Train Attendant
Hi All,

I just bought a portable DVD player and I plan on taking it on the train for an upcoming trip. My husband gave me a surge protector to take a long, just to be on the safe side.

We are going to be on the Coast Starlight in a standard sleeper.

Here's my question... Are the the outlets 3 prong and are they flush or recessed?

I took the train last year but I just don't remember the outlets.

Thanks,

Diane :D

Sleeper compartment power outlets are 3-prong, which (depending on the equipment) are likely to be recessed. Bring a short, 12-inch 3-pronged extension cord. I take a 12-inch extension cord with three outlets (purchased at Home Depot) with my small Belkin "MasterCube" 15 amp surge protector.

The Surge prtoector is a good idea for anyone who is pluging anything valuable into the outlet, as 480 on the train can go in and out from time to time for various reasons.

I always bring my laptop onboard, and it is always accompanied by a Surge protector! Its a good idea to use a Surge protector, the last thing you need is a dead DVD player, laptop or any other type of electronic you are going to plug in and use onboard the train :)

Ps. Diane, I hope you have a great trip! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back