SW Chief & California fires

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was out of my home for 3 days - then without power until last night. A lot of my friends and family lost their homes. We lived in our car (with our 2 cats and our dog) and then in a Red Cross shelter for 2 days. I have a whole new respect for the power of mother nature and dealing with natural disasters.

We were very lucky to have a home to come back to and I am so glad to be back online again!

radsmom said:
I was out of my home for 3 days - then without power until last night. A lot of my friends and family lost their homes. We lived in our car (with our 2 cats and our dog) and then in a Red Cross shelter for 2 days. I have a whole new respect for the power of mother nature and dealing with natural disasters.
We were very lucky to have a home to come back to and I am so glad to be back online again!
Welcome back :D , and im glad to hear everything is ok.

Wow! I'm glad to hear that everything is ok for you. :) I have a good friend who lives in San Diago, who thought that he might be evacuated last Sunday too. Thankfully that never happened for him, but I know that he was extremely worried.

This hasn't been a good thing at all for CA. One of the worst fire seasons on record and the number of homes destroyed and deaths are still climbing. Hopefully firefighters can get the upper hand on these fires, before the winds return on Tuesday.

Again, I'm glad that you and your family are safe, not to mention that you've got a home that's still standing. :) I feel for your neighbors and friends who may not have been as fortunate. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back