SWC # 3 Service Interuption

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NAVYBLUE

Lead Service Attendant
Hi guys,

About 10 minutes out of La Junta, CO, CDR comes on to say we are stopping for a mechanical problem. (8:45 MST) Just came on 9:15 AM (MST) to say they are having a

problem getting the 2nd engine to come on/energize/fire up and that it produces the electricity and try to avoid using the restrooms. As of 9:30 AM (MST), I continue to hear then

try to restart "something"

NAVYBLUE

problem getting the 2nd engine to come on/energize/fire up and that it produces the electricity and try to avoid using the restrooms. As of 9:30 AM (MST), I continue to hear then
Most engineers prefer using the second engine to supply power to the cars, but the first can also do the job if necessary.

Most engineers prefer using the second engine to supply power to the cars, but the first can also do the job if necessary.
Alan,

They got us going but it did something to the flushing system and the ventilation system in car 0331 (my car) so they locked all the "public bathrooms" since La Lunta, CO but the bedroom people still are using theirs and with no flushing and poor ventilation, it has become ripe smelling in the car. You can handle about 30 minutes in the car before you have to go to the SSL to get a fresh air break. Right now we are about 1 1/2 hours behind.

Don't know if they are trying to get parts to ABQ to fix the problem before LAX or not. Have to take it an hour at a time.

NAVYBLUE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back