SWC justing sitting at KCY station

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

C&O RR

Service Attendant
AU Supporting Member
I am in a hotel accros from the Kansas City Station and the SWC has been sitting in the station for 1 1/2 hours. The web site says "Service Disruption." Anyone know what is going on?

I also see that the Zephr is also just sitting at the Omaha station.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've just been told that #6 should be detouring on the Union Pacific across Iowa due to Halpin, Iowa (just west of Albia) being underwater.

I wondered if it wasn't flood related. Someone sop up all that water before tonight, I'm taking tonight's #6!

SWC just left KCY at 10:08 CT.
GPS map show the Southwest Chief has taken the route of the Missouri River Runner.
That's not good - yet more delays in store. Between KCY and JEF they're running against UP's normal traffic flow, so they're likely to spend some quality time in sidings. I just looked and they're 0 mph, so there you go (or don't go, as is the case).

The Amtrak train status system really needs to catch up with the Indian Railways one, which gives expected passing times through major points on a detoured route instead of flopping over and playing dead. :)

I'm in the Metro Lounge in Chicago. The Southwest Chief and California Zephyr are delayed

a minimum of one hour due to track flooding. Some of the Illinois local stops have been advised

that alternate transport is being arranged.

The Metro Lounge is overflowing with people. I am lucky to have a seat next to electric power.

I'm in the Metro Lounge in Chicago. The Southwest Chief and California Zephyr are delayed

a minimum of one hour due to track flooding. Some of the Illinois local stops have been advised

that alternate transport is being arranged.

The Metro Lounge is overflowing with people. I am lucky to have a seat next to electric power.
Hey, if you get bored go check out the menu at the Junction (the bar in the food court), I've been curious if it'll be a feasible replacement for the Metro.

Bah, now my #6 is in service disruption. Also, #2 needs to go into service disruption too so we can have a full house.

Screenshot_2015-06-25-15-06-48~2.jpg

Washout at Baring MO 60 miles southwest of Fort Madison. No estimate on repairs given per BNSF

Hi Shanghai! How are you doing? Are you heading out on one of these trains, keep us informed of your travels? All the best take care! :)

Hello Gaspar,

I'm booked on the Lake Shore Limited tonight to New York - going the

opposite direction from the flooding!! Will go on the Silver Meteor to

Florida next week. I hope you are well.

If 4 is going to divert via St. Louis today too there may be an issue with getting a qualified and rested T&E crew to take it St. Louis that may be causing the delay.

Alternatively, if it is not taking the diversion, then it may be waiting for the track to actually open up for it. Train Status so far does not show disruption, but indicates that it is expected in La Plata almost 4 hours behind schedule. But it also shows that it has departed KCY at 9:02! Don't know quite what to make of it.

BTW, when did 4 finally arrive in Chicago yesterday?

If 4 is going to divert via St. Louis today too there may be an issue with getting a qualified and rested T&E crew to take it St. Louis that may be causing the delay.

Alternatively, if it is not taking the diversion, then it may be waiting for the track to actually open up for it. Train Status so far does not show disruption, but indicates that it is expected in La Plata almost 4 hours behind schedule. But it also shows that it has departed KCY at 9:02! Don't know quite what to make of it.

BTW, when did 4 finally arrive in Chicago yesterday?
According to Amtrak's mobile app the SWC arrived into CHI at 12:03 am this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back