SWC Price

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

greg1956a

Train Attendant
made reservations for the SWC with roomette.Checking price all week it was 336.00 when I made reservations it wad 460.00 I made it anyway.Later in the day I just wanted to check price it was now back to 336.00 shoud I call amtr a k and find out what happened and see if I could get refund or something changed.

Thanks

Greg

made reservations for the SWC with roomette.Checking price all week it was 336.00 when I made reservations it wad 460.00 I made it anyway.Later in the day I just wanted to check price it was now back to 336.00 shoud I call amtr a k and find out what happened and see if I could get refund or something changed.

Thanks

Greg
Yes

Though, as I understand it, you will forfeit 10% of the price difference.
You only forfeit 10% of the price difference if you request return of all funds to your credit card or as cash. If you accept an e-voucher for future use on Amtrak, you receive full value of the refund.

Though, as I understand it, you will forfeit 10% of the price difference.
You only forfeit 10% of the price difference if you request return of all funds to your credit card or as cash. If you accept an e-voucher for future use on Amtrak, you receive full value of the refund.
Good point. I should have mentioned that.
Which, even that won't happen if you MODIFY a reservation vs cancelling and rebooking.

Well, if there is a price decrease in the modification and they want the money refunded, pretty certain they will keep 10%.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, if there is a price decrease in the modification and they want the money refunded, pretty certain they will keep 10%.
I'm not sure about that. I modified an existing acela reservation when the same train was cheaper and didn't have to pay a 10% fee, although I'm not sure if it is different with a sleeper.

I'm not sure about that. I modified an existing acela reservation when the same train was cheaper and didn't have to pay a 10% fee, although I'm not sure if it is different with a sleeper.
Interesting. Did they refund your money to you credit card?

Perhaps I misunderstand the policy.

Interesting. Did they refund your money to you credit card?

Perhaps I misunderstand the policy.
Yes, they refunded the money directly to my credit card. It was approximately $30. But the acela refund policies are different from sleeper refund policies, so there is that.

Yes, they refunded the money directly to my credit card. It was approximately $30. But the acela refund policies are different from sleeper refund policies, so there is that.
Ah. I was pretty certain that if you want a refund, you will get hit 10%. That has been mentioned on this board many times.

Did not realize Acela has special rules. Not that I will ever ride it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back