Taking 97 NYC to ft lauderdale

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gingee

OBS Chief
We are taking this train. Does it have room in the same car for bigger luggage or do we need

To check it through? Made that mistake on lake shore limited thinking it was like some of the other trains

Also is there the tiny toilet in your room? Using a roomette.

Thanks

Gingee

There is no room for larger bags in the sleeper, you will need to check them. The space above the door won't fit much more than a duffel bag or standard airline roll-aboard. And yes, there is a toilet in your roomette.

-Sav

The sleeping car on #97 (Silver Meteor) is the same as is used on the Lake Shore Limited. Besides the limited space in your room, there are no other areas in the car for luggage storage. Yes, there will be a toilet in the room.

]The overhead luggage space is seven feet above the floor and difficult to use even standing on the step(toilet cover). I was able to store our two 27" roller bags up there but I am tall(6'2").We kept small bags on the toilet cover The photos show the lack of room for luggage.

For what its worth, I found I need luggage 19 inches or smaller to go through the corridors in the sleeper car. Two wheel luggage this is important to know. My latest piece is 4 wheels, not a problem.

Bruce-SSR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back