Talk About Overpowered

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amfleet

Engineer
Here is a photo I found with 4 P-42 units hauling a 5 car Boston section of the Lake Shore Limited. That's about 17,000hp for that small consist. Most likely a deadhead move, but getting up to speed must not have been a problem.

You sir are correct, except there's only four units. :lol: The NEC units are reportedly going out to Beech Grove for rebuilding since they're among the eldest P-42's. 108's already been done, others are to follow. So get those pics of 'em in the NEC scheme while it lasts.

battalion51 said:
You sir are correct, except there's only four units. :lol:
Am I missing something here? Or were you speed reading again? :lol: :D

Amfleet only said 4 - P42's, yet you corrected him by saying 4 units. He did mention 5 cars though. :)

It was the number cars that did it. :lol: I'm just so used to speed reading that well I mess up. By the way Alan do you have any travels planned in the near future?

At present the only thing officially on the calendar is a trip next weekend to Philly for the OTOL PhillyFest 2003. I'll go down by Amtrak and return the same way, and will blitz a bunch of the Philly commuter lines along with a few trolleys over the weekend.

There are a few other possible trips later in the year that are still in the works though. One might see me in Atlanta at the end of June, another might see me in St. Louis and Dallas, Texas in July.

battalion51 said:
You sir are correct, except there's only four units. :lol: The NEC units are reportedly going out to Beech Grove for rebuilding since they're among the eldest P-42's. 108's already been done, others are to follow. So get those pics of 'em in the NEC scheme while it lasts.
They are replacing the NEC Scheme with the "Shamu" scheme?

If so, that's a shame as the NEC scheme was always my favorite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back