Targeted: 1,000 bonus points for $500 spend, 4/1-6/30

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ispolkom

Engineer
Mrs. Ispolkom and I each received an e-mail informing us that we'd earn an extra thousand AGR points if we charged $500 to our respective AGR cards between April 1 and June 30, 2013. That's a nice bonus, and we'll certainly take advantage of it. I just kind of wish that they (Chase, I think, not AGR) hadn't waited until the promotion was more than a third over before notifying us.

Mrs. Ispolkom and I each received an e-mail informing us that we'd earn an extra thousand AGR points if we charged $500 to our respective AGR cards between April 1 and June 30, 2013. That's a nice bonus, and we'll certainly take advantage of it. I just kind of wish that they (Chase, I think, not AGR) hadn't waited until the promotion was more than a third over before notifying us.
I was Targeted by a Promo that says: Spend $3,000 in 3 Months between April 1 and June 30, Receive 6,000 Bonus AGR Points! Chase seems to Target different Tiers of Customers Based on their Spending Levels! I use my Chase AGR World MC for everything I can!

I was Targeted by a Promo that says: Spend $3,000 in 3 Months between April 1 and June 30, Receive 6,000 Bonus AGR Points! Chase seems to Target different Tiers of Customers Based on their Spending Levels! I use my Chase AGR World MC for everything I can!
I wish I had got that deal. I paid some college expenses this month so spent close to $5K. Drat.

Dan

I got the same offer as Jim.

I shifted all of my spend to the Sappire preferred card a few months back, so I'll gladly slam 3 grand on the Amtrak card for the bonus points.

Maybe before that's over with I'll get the same offer from the Sapphire folks to shift my spend back there. :D

Thanks for pointing this out, I saw that I had an email from AGR but hadn't read it yet. :D

Sounds like a Chase delay... I got that email a month ago.

I wonder if they do this every month (sounds like it) and someone forgot to update the email to "1 May to 31 July" before the email went out.

Perhaps I'll give Chase a call if I get a free minute...

My wife and I got that email a month ago (the 1000 points for $500 in spending) and then got a reminder again yesterday. Both emails mentioned

the April-June timeframe. We've already hit the threshold for both accounts. I assume points won't post until after the promo period is over, though.

I got that offer too, but it could not be based on my spending pattern on the AGR card, since I have never spent that kind of money on that card!

OTOH, I have spent way more than that on a different Chase Card, the United Presidential Plus, mainly because it actually gives 1000 United EQM for each $5000, in addition to the regular United Miles for the spend. That is worth to me way more than 6000 AGR point, so I think I will pass on this one.

I spend a lot of money (in my opinion) on my Chase AGR card and was not targeted for any promotion. :( I guess they figure I am going to spend regardless of any promotion. Maybe I will follow Ryan's lead....

The offer card I got from Chase in the mail offered 3,000 bonus points if $1.500 spent between May 1 and July 1. I just got my 3,000 bonus points credited to my account today! Sweet!

Back