Targeted Regional Offers

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the_traveler

Engineer
There are also 2 AGR promos for NEC Regionals. However, both appear to be targeted. I was not aware of either one (having learned about them on FlyerTalk), but when I tried to register, one worked on my account, but the other did not. Neither one worked when I attempted to register my sister's account.

Buy 3 Regional, Get 1 free - and double points if you use a MasterCard = Promo code 10709

Buy 2 Regional, Get 1 free - and double points if you use a MasterCard = Promo code 10609

The "bad" thing is both require a minimum of $50 spend per one way trip! :(

There are also 2 AGR promos for NEC Regionals. However, both appear to be targeted. I was not aware of either one (having learned about them on FlyerTalk), but when I tried to register, one worked on my account, but the other did not. Neither one worked when I attempted to register my sister's account.
Buy 3 Regional, Get 1 free - and double points if you use a MasterCard = Promo code 10709

Buy 2 Regional, Get 1 free - and double points if you use a MasterCard = Promo code 10609

The "bad" thing is both require a minimum of $50 spend per one way trip! :(
Note that it's "2 round trips for 1 round trip", not "2 one-way trips for 1 one-way trip". (Or 3 rt for 1 rt on the other promotion.)

To my surprise, I was targeted for the buy 2, get 1, even though I'm a frequent Amtrak rider. It's not inconceivable that I'll manage it, but a typical Regional PHL-WAS is only $44 and PHL-NYP is only $45 <_< So close, and yet so far! Different buckets may put it over $50, of course; I just priced those for arbitrary dates in February.

Of course, if I can find two PHL-WAS round trips at slightly higher bucket (ie, just a shade over $50 each way), then I'd qualify ... and I'm assuming I can use the "free round trip" on any Regional, such as a more expensive PHL-BOS trip. I didn't see anything in the fine print restricting the value of the free trip.

I wasn't planning on taking two PHL-WAS round-trips in the next few months, but I was planning on one, and this might tempt me to do a second just to get the free trip. So, good marketing decision for AGR to have targeted me for this offer, I guess :)

Try to enter the codes to see if they take! ;) I did not get the AE one, but it took. I don't really know why, because AE passes thru KIN but does not stop - so I'm very unlikely to take AE unless I go to another station 45 minutes to 1 hour away, instead of 5 miles away.

Try to enter the codes to see if they take! ;) I did not get the AE one, but it took. I don't really know why, because AE passes thru KIN but does not stop - so I'm very unlikely to take AE unless I go to another station 45 minutes to 1 hour away, instead of 5 miles away.
Yeah, I tried the promo code for the ride to regionals get one free, as that is the most affordable and most likely thing I could earn but sadly it did not take :angry: :angry: oh well lol thanks for posting the codes though.

I feel your pain. They didn't take for me either. The Acela one is useless for me, as I only take it one or two times a year, but I'm on the Regionals much more often.

I feel your pain. They didn't take for me either. The Acela one is useless for me, as I only take it one or two times a year, but I'm on the Regionals much more often.
Yeah, but its more then that. Its more in my reach to come up with the cash to ride a regional for fun. While as riding an Acela costs more and is more limiting in the schedule. Especially with these winter specials going on I am thinking of trying to squeeze a trip from New York to Richmond.

I received this e-mail as well. My message did not specify Regional or Acela, but it did say the Auto Train was included - for $74. I assume this rate did not include your car.

I think it is a pretty attractive offer, but it has to be booked by Jan 23rd for travel before April 30.

I received this e-mail as well. My message did not specify Regional or Acela, but it did say the Auto Train was included - for $74. I assume this rate did not include your car.I think it is a pretty attractive offer, but it has to be booked by Jan 23rd for travel before April 30.
Thats the winter sale e-mail. :) This was another email aimed at people who live near the NEC I am guessing trying to give them an incentive to ride. :)

But I do agree, the winter sale is a pretty good deal!

Would a trip on the Acela also count as a regional trip? Cause I got a trip coming up where I take the Acela down and Regional trip, so would that mean i need another single regional trip to get two trips? Im just wondering cause its easier to get this free trip than the Acela one that i signed up before.

Jack

Would a trip on the Acela also count as a regional trip? Cause I got a trip coming up where I take the Acela down and Regional trip, so would that mean i need another single regional trip to get two trips? Im just wondering cause its easier to get this free trip than the Acela one that i signed up before.
Jack
Sadly, no.

Back