Texas Eagle 21 (1/8) underway on diesel power out of Chicago

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NAVYBLUE

Lead Service Attendant
TE departed 1:45 CT (CHI). Gives me hope that when I leave WAS on the CL tomorrow that I will be able to take a warm CZ out of CHI to RNO on Friday and get home to 60-65 degree Las Vegas.

NAVYBLUE

Edit: And the SWC (4/7) has passed Alberquerque heading EAST to Chicago.

Last edited by a moderator:
Every Amtrak train leaving Chicago uses diesel power, so not sure why that's worth noting. That said, you are correct in noting that there is finally

some positive news for the western LD trains. Both 21 and 5 left CHI this afternoon nearly on time. I'd wait for them to get a few hours south/west of

Chicago before getting too optimistic, but this is a start, at least. Unfortunately, today's 7 does not appear to be on the move yet.

Every Amtrak train leaving Chicago uses diesel power, so not sure why that's worth noting.
Well, at least Amtrak hasn't had to revert to steam.

;)
Cue the old-timers grumbling about how in the days of steam, the Great Burlington Island Line NEVER canceled trains in the winter. :p

To continue the positive news, the SWC left CHI on-time this afternoon. Today's Builder is under Service Disruption, though. What gives?

I believe NAVYBlue was making a NAVY comment, as if the train were a ship, making a report-Underway, on Diesel Power, Underway on Nuclear power, etc.
Interesting. That particular usage is new to me. Thanks for the context.

He was indeed making a Navy comment. The most famous usage of which was in 1955 when CDR Eugene Wilkinson sent the message that the USS Nautilus (SSN-571) was "Underway on nuclear power".

Edited to correct year

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back