Texas eagle alternate transportation

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Train rider

Got a call today from Amtrak regarding our Jan 1 trip from San Antonio to Chicago stating that alternate transportation may occur. I assume it is because of the storms but does anyone have any other details?

Called customer service. Bustitution from Little Rock to St. Louis.

Is there any rule or law that prevents Amtrak from exchanging trains for buses permanently? I mean we hear over and over again that regardless of how much you paid or what sort of services you were sold Amtrak's sole obligation is to get you from point A to point B however they see fit. Seems like swapping trains for buses would be a great way to increase speeds, reduce costs, and placate an anti-rail congress while incurring little or no liability from unsuspecting passengers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Riding on an AGR redemption so no---blackout dates afterward; however I will have some points refunded.

Is there any rule or law that prevents Amtrak from exchanging trains for buses permanently? I mean we hear over and over again that regardless of how much you paid or what sort of services you were sold Amtrak's sole obligation is to get you from point A to point B however they see fit. Seems like swapping trains for buses would be a great way to increase speeds, reduce costs, and placate an anti-rail congress while incurring little or no liability from unsuspecting passengers.
You are being sarcastic? Right?

I remember when Jay Leno suggested that Amtrak assign an auto to each of their employees who would then drive each Amtrak passenger to their destination. But that was back in the days when Amtrak ridership was in a free-fall.

Completed 7 hour bus ride from Little Rock to St Louis this morning. Full buses but everything went smooth. The crew working south of Little Rock has been working that line for a few trips and are on the hook for a few more. All of them are showing very good professionalism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back