texas eagle consists

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

eliyahu

Train Attendant
folks,

lately i've noticed that it is impossible to book a standard bedroom on the texas eagle. i've tried random dates all the way through august of next year. only roomettes are available. what's going on here? have they pulled the standard sleepers, and we only have the transition sleepers now? has the removal of crew dorms resulted in the crew grabbing the larger rooms?

i haven't called amtrak on the phone, but was curious why the reservation system online wouldn't allow booking bedrooms in any case.

-- eliyahu

austin, tx

Well I believe the only Bedrooms that are available are being sold on Train 421/422, which is a part of the Texas Eagle. I believe they are only selling Roomettes on 21/22 because that is what's available every trip regardless of whether a Trans Dorm or Standard Sleeper is used. I was just able to pull a Bedroom in January on the Eagle.

Well I believe the only Bedrooms that are available are being sold on Train 421/422, which is a part of the Texas Eagle. I believe they are only selling Roomettes on 21/22 because that is what's available every trip regardless of whether a Trans Dorm or Standard Sleeper is used. I was just able to pull a Bedroom in January on the Eagle.
hmmm. well, indeed, if i go out into the future, on certain dates, standard and family bedrooms are available via amtrak.com; which is good. however, do we know why only the roomettes are being sold on the texas eagle proper (21/22) and bedrooms only available on the thru car to/from LAUPT? roomettes are fine for just one, but with a wife and toddler.... it seems a shame that trips up to chicago (and other points there connecting) should be limited to the days the sunset limited runs.

-- eliyahu

austin, tx

however, do we know why only the roomettes are being sold on the texas eagle proper (21/22) and bedrooms only available on the thru car to/from LAUPT?
my apologies: you answered that in your reply. please disregard my last post.

thanks!

-- eliyahu

austin, tx

eliyahu, do note though, that even on days when the cars don't run through, there is still a standard sleeper on the bottom. This is because they want the train formation to remain consistent, and not vary based on the day of the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back