Texas Eagle Delays

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KC Ghost Rider

Service Attendant
Hi Everybody,

I have an upcoming trip (tomorrow) from KCY to SAS and noticed that trains 21 and 22 are still losing time. Amtrak has let the detour notice expire, so those trains should be following its customary route and time tables. Can anybody tell me why the poor time keeping?

Hi Everybody,

I have an upcoming trip (tomorrow) from KCY to SAS and noticed that trains 21 and 22 are still losing time. Amtrak has let the detour notice expire, so those trains should be following its customary route and time tables. Can anybody tell me why the poor time keeping?
They are not finished with the track work in Illinois and the Eagles are still being re-routed thru Amish Country.

Also, UP freight congestion in the "black hole" between Popular Bluff and St. Louis and between FTW and SAS are causing delays.

And there are still slow orders between SAS and FTW due to the severe flooding we had @ the end of Oct.

As is said, once a train becomes late it tends to become later! UP Dispatchers still don't favor the Eagles in Texas!!

They are not finished with the track work in Illinois and the Eagles are still being re-routed thru Amish Country.

Also, UP freight congestion in the "black hole" between Popular Bluff and St. Louis and between FTW and SAS are causing delays.

And there are still slow orders between SAS and FTW due to the severe flooding we had @ the end of Oct.

As is said, once a train becomes late it tends to become later! UP Dispatchers still don't favor the Eagles in Texas!!
The re-route between STL and CHI is over (for now). TE #22 (11/11) ran over the normal route and arrived at CHI only 15 minutes late today. #21 (11/11) which ran over the normal CHI-STL route yesterday, arrived at STL 1:24 late, but is currently close to on-time between Fort Worth and San Antonio.

So the bad delays due to the re-route are over, it will just be the normal set of weather, P-42 breakdown, freight congestion, and/or track work delays for the TE.

Thanks for the update afigg!

Now maybe I can do a quick day trip /double days point run out to Taylor for BBQ without spending endless hours waiting on #21 to show up!!!

If UP co-operates and we don't get any more rain!

Last edited by a moderator:
Bob Dylan and Afigg,

Thank you so much for your informative replies. I am hoping for good OT performance because this is a father and son adventure and he is always asking about the next meal. Once we board, everything will be right; especially if there is a steak dinner forthcoming!

Bob Dylan: Why leave Austin for BBQ? According to the local PBS station, Austin is BBQ.

Bob Dylan and Afigg,

Thank you so much for your informative replies. I am hoping for good OT performance because this is a father and son adventure and he is always asking about the next meal. Once we board, everything will be right; especially if there is a steak dinner forthcoming!

Bob Dylan: Why leave Austin for BBQ? According to the local PBS station, Austin is BBQ.
While Texas, especially Central Texas, has the Best Q in the world,and Austin has many good Q jounts, being able to ride Amtrak on a Day trip out to a joint in Taylor that serves the Best Brisket around ( better than the Famous Franklins) makes it a Win/Win! IMHO!
Hope y'all have a great trip on the Eagle, there's some really good OBS and T&E Crews on that route!Wave when ya'll come through Taylor and Austin!

Last edited by a moderator:
Bob Dylan and Afigg,

While Texas, especially Central Texas, has the Best Q in the world,and Austin has many good Q jounts, being able to ride Amtrak on a Day trip out to a joint in Taylor that serves the Best Brisket around ( better than the Famous Franklins) makes it a Win/Win! IMHO!
Hope y'all have a great trip on the Eagle, there's some really good OBS and T&E Crews on that route!Wave when ya'll come through Taylor and Austin!
Better Brisket than the PBS favorite...hmm. Now you have given me a reason to visit Taylor. Thanks. We will be a waving...and holding an adult beverage! :hi:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back