Texas Eagle Detour - 11/17/2014

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

manchacrr

Lead Service Attendant
According to Amtrak's Service Alerts page on their website, the Eagle will be detouring both north- and southbound between Chicago and St. Louis on November 17th (Monday). What is the detour that the train takes?

Last edited by a moderator:
According to Amtrak's Service Alerts page on their website, the Eagle will be detouring both north- and southbound between Chicago and St. Louis on November 17th (Monday). What is the detour that the train takes?
The Eagle is rerouted on the old C &EI Route that MoPac acquired to be able to run to Chicago.It now belongs to UP and has moderate freight traffic. It runs through Amish Farm Country in a very rural area, makes no stops, and is on Slow orders most of the way!It approaches STL from the East through East St. Louis, then crosses the Mississippi into the Intermodel Station in downtown St. Louis.(same route Northbound just reversed)

What are the chances that, with the detour southbound, I would make the connection to the 11:00pm bus to Carbondale to catch the CONO if I tried?

Ive ridden the detour several times. I was about an hour late each time. The train runs non stop at about 60-70 mph. There is a crew change at villa grove. Most of the slow Running is through the south side of Chicago.

Thanks for all the information! I decided to go ahead and book the round-trip with AGR Points. Just one more question. What is the thruway bus like between Carbondale and St. Louis?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back