Texas Eagle from STL-CHI

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RickIronton

Train Attendant
I'm traveling by roomette on Reward points.

Since price is not a consideration, and my choices are #22 or #322 or #422, which should I pick?

You are right about the points.

I should have mentioned that the whole itinerary is STL-TPA, so I will, also, have a roomette from CHI-WAS and from WAS-ORL, with a bus to TPA.

And this will be near Xmas right before the black out dates.

You are right about the points.

I should have mentioned that the whole itinerary is STL-TPA, so I will, also, have a roomette from CHI-WAS and from WAS-ORL, with a bus to TPA.

And this will be near Xmas right before the black out dates.
EXCELLENT! Since they are all the same train book whichever is cheapest.

Since it's points it doesn't matter. 322 is the STL-chi coach. 422 is the section from Los Angeles. 22 is the train from San Antonio to Chicago. When you call amtrak guest rewards to book ask for your preferred room location (upper level, lower level, etc). They will put you in a room that matches your preference.

A roomette on 22 as part of a pointsbooking to the east coast is superior because you have breakfast and lunch included. The Lincoln service trains don't offer that.

On day of departure monitor 22. If it's more than two hours late into St Louis you might be risking your connection to 30 for Washington DC.

Good luck

The Sleeper on the #22./#422 from SAS-CHI is in the front of the Train behind the Transdorm so its the only Revenue Sleeper and it wont matter which "Train" you book! As was said, just ask for your room preference when you call to book!

Your connection in WAS to TPA will be on #97the Meteor since #30 to #91/the Silver Star is currently " Temporarily" suspended!

This means you will ride an AMBus from ORL-TPA since only #91 runs to TPA from ORL!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back